Estonian Institute of Historical Memory is looking for
Deputy Editor of History Portal on Communist Crimes
The history portal currently in development is an online centre of competence on the world’s communist history and legacy. The portal provides readers with data for general background knowledge on a country or region in addition to offering a solid database that serves journalists, politicians (MPs, MEPs), diplomats, etc. Our goal is to provide our readers with easily accessible, easily obtainable yet accurate and trustworthy information on communist ideology and crimes committed by communist regimes.
Main duties and responsibilities
The Deputy Editor of the portal is expected to:
- compile or edit articles according to her/his background and language skills;
- find suitable images, audio and video materials to add to the portal;
- chart digitally available materials on the legacy of communism globally for use in the portal.
- Education: at least a MA student in humanities or social sciences, preferably in history;
- Languages: proficiency in at least 2 of the following languages – English, Estonian, Russian;
- Familiarity with and/or interest in history;
- Excellent communication, writing, and critical thinking skills;
- Basic IT literacy in management of websites and social media.
- Making a real and lasting contribution to education on and awareness of communist crimes;
- Modern office space in central Tallinn;
- Work with a team of learned and professional colleagues;
- Insight into the fields of history, contemporary educational approaches and digital communications.
- Flexibility in amount and location of work, possibility of long-distance work.
Please send your CV and a letter of motivation to email@example.com
Successful candidates will be contacted with further instructions within two weeks.
Application deadline: ongoing
Start date: ongoing