We are looking for a person with good analytical and communication skills to join our team. The main tasks are:
- Developing CommunistCrimes.org, an international portal focusing on the history of communist regimes. We expect the future Communications Specialist to contribute to the portal with original articles, keep in touch with the authors, request and edit scholarly papers and other articles, translate the articles (or arrange them to be translated), and publicise the papers on the portal;
- Ensure the growth of international traffic and influence of the portal;
- Expand the international network of authors and volunteer contributors;
- Managing the portal’s social media channels;
- General communication tasks of the Estonian Institute of Historical Memory and cooperation with the Institute’s partners in Estonia and abroad.
We expect the candidate to have:
- Perfect written and spoken English;
- Good analytical, writing and editing skills, especially with regard to scholarly papers;
- An ability to build and maintain partner relations;
- High stress tolerance and the ability to work on weekends and holidays;
- Higher education (Master’s degree or equivalent qualification), preferably in humanities or social sciences, and prior experience in the field of contemporary history;
- The ability to work (if possible) in Tallinn, Estonia;
- Knowledge of Photoshop and Drupal or willingness to learn.
- Knowledge of other languages besides English is a bonus;
- Prior experience in the field of communications is preferable.
- A negotiable salary;
- An academic, pleasant and supportive team;
- An opportunity to acquire international experience in outreach (in the field of history);
- A non-routine job and an interesting work environment.
- An employment contract until the end of 2021.
To apply for this position, please send your application via email (email@example.com) by 5 July 2020 at the latest with the following appendixes:
- Proof of education level;
- An essay on the topic „How to unveil the crimes of communist regimes to the world?“ (max. 6000 characters);
- A short analysis of the content on CommunistCrimes.org as well as a vision of the portal’s development in the next three years (up to 5000 characters);
- A letter of recommendation from a former employer or university.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Estonian Institute of Historical Memory: mnemosyne.ee